- Bowl Logos
- Bowl History
- Media Guide
- Media Library
- Media Schedule & Info
- Press Releases
- Press Quotes
Media / newsletters
December 2nd, 2013
Top 20 Things to Do During Bowl Week
- Six Flags Fiesta Texas – Visit Six Flags Fiesta Texas and check out the Iron Rattler, a hybrid coaster that opened this year.
- SeaWorld San Antonio – Visit SeaWorld on Dec. 27 for Team Day, and enjoy the shows and exhibits with the players and coaches from both participating teams!
- River Walk Boat Tour – Take a 35-minute boat tour of the River Walk and learn the interesting history of its surrounding construction.
- See Alamo: The Price of Freedom – Relive the battle on the biggest screen in Texas.
- Visit the Alamo – Now that you have seen the movie, step inside the walls of the Alamo and see artifacts from the battle.
- “The Original” Rudy’s Bar-B-Q Pep Rally – The teams show their colors on the River Walk in a standing room only pep rally featuring cheerleaders, bands and comments from team captains and coaches.
- Visit the Tower of the Americas – Located in downtown San Antonio, the 750-foot-tall Tower of the Americas was built as the theme structure of the 1968 World's Fair.
- Buckhorn Museum and Texas Ranger Museum – The Buckhorn Saloon exhibit walls feature over 520 species of wildlife, while the features hundreds of authentic Texas Ranger artifacts including automatic handguns, shotguns, badges and more.
- Fan Zone – Where over 30,000 fans annually gather before kick-off to enjoy food and drink booths, entertainment and games right outside the Alamodome’s main entrance.
- Spurs game – While you are in town check out the red-hot Spurs, who will host Houston on Christmas Day, Sacramento on the Dec. 29 and Brooklyn Dec. 31.
- Rent from B-Cycle – The San Antonio B-Cycle is the largest bike sharing program in Texas.
- And Bike the Mission Trail – Mission Portals connect San Antonio’s four historic missions – Concepcion, San Jose, San Juan and Espada – to the San Antonio River.
- San Antonio Zoo – Open daily from 9 a.m.-5 p.m., the 56 acre zoo houses more than 9,000 animals of 750 different species.
- Visit the quarry – With nearly 60 different shops and restaurants, the Quarry is a shopper’s paradise.
- Farmer’s Market at the Pearl – Just off the northern extension on the River Walk is the Pearl, which hosts a farmer’s market every Saturday morning from 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Alamo Segway Tour – Take a guided Segway tour of the River Walk and Alamo Plaza.
- Alamo Drafthouse Cinema – This isn’t your everyday movie theatre, as at the Alamo Drafthouse you are seated at a table and served dinner as well as your favorite beverages.
- Kickoff Luncheon - The pageantry of college football is on stage for this 1,500 person luncheon headlined by the ESPN talent covering the game and insight from the two Head Coaches and their star players.
- Esquire Tavern – Located in the heart of downtown, The Esquire Tavern is the oldest bar on the San Antonio Riverwalk and boasts the longest wooden top bar in Texas – over 100 feet!
- Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch – Drive through the Wildlife Ranch and have a chance to feed zebras, giraffes, and other wildlife from your vehicle!
Be sure to visit the Valero Alamo Bowl mobile website while you are in town, and check out the Downtown tab for special offers at participating businesses!