Join us in welcoming 30,000 out-of-town visitors for Bowl Week
No city can come together to host unforgettable events and deliver a one-of-a-kind visitor experience quite like San Antonio.
A desirable and compact downtown with hotels, restaurants and major attractions all walkable from the Alamodome has helped grow the Valero Alamo Bowl over the last 25 years.
The first game in 1993 between two unranked teams in Iowa and Cal drew 45,716 fans to the Alamodome and 20,250 out-of-town visitors to San Antonio.
Then, starting in 2014, the Valero Alamo Bowl improved its team payout which helped elevate its status to the #1 bowl game outside of the College Football Playoff.
The first four games in this new position all featured Top-15 matchups between Big 12 and Pac-12 opponents, averaged crowds of 60,639 and delivered 46,502 out-of-town visitors and a $45 million total impact to San Antonio. This is quite a change.
The secret sauce in the Bowl’s success is San Antonio’s tourism community. No city can join together to collectively roll out the red carpet and deliver such a memorable experience for the visiting student-athletes, administrators or fans.
In 2010, the Valero Alamo Bowl created a Downtown Partner program to work in concert with the Valero Alamo Bowl to enhance the Bowl Week experience for our fans. These businesses include must see area attractions, fun nightlife hotspots, quirky hangouts and, of course, the best Tex-Mex food in the world.
There are a number of benefits to being a Downtown Partner with the Valero Alamo Bowl. Partners receive Valero Alamo Bowl items that will make their businesses more welcoming and friendly to out-of-town guests. During Bowl Week, the Valero Alamo Bowl street team hosts a “Find the Swag” contest and all businesses that participate will be featured in social media posts.
If you would like to have your downtown establishment become a Downtown Partner with the Valero Alamo Bowl, contact Christie Lenox.
To make unforgettable memories in San Antonio, buy tickets to the 2018 Valero Alamo Bowl here and make sure you support the bowl’s downtown partners throughout the year!
2018 Downtown Partners include:
Acenar Mexican Restaurant
Dave and Buster’s Rivercenter
Dick’s Last Resort
Hard Rock Cafe
La Villita Historic Arts Village
Historic Market Square
Jimmy Buffett’s Margartiaville
On the Bend Oyster Bar
Rio Rio Cantina
San Antonio Zoo
SeaWorld San Antonio
- 12.12.18 Celebrate Christmas at SeaWorld
- 11.27.18 Team Announcement on Sunday
- 11.19.18 An Impact to Remember
- 11.19.18 Games to be thankful for
- 10.15.18 Still Time To Win $1 Million!
- 10.01.18 Pick the teams and win big!
- 09.18.18 Your chance to join the club!
- 09.18.18 Meet the Interns: Asking Andrew
- 09.12.18 Valero Alamo Bowl Media Projections
- 09.06.18 Kickin’ It With Katie
- 09.06.18 Week 1 produces big winners!
- 09.06.18 Tickets on sale now!
- 08.17.18 Just Getting to Know Josh
- 08.14.18 Pick the Teams Contest
- 07.05.18 Meet Ashley Lopez
- 05.07.18 Help Us Find A Unicorn
- 05.02.18 Bowl Set for Friday, December 28
- 04.16.18 Kiolbassa Named 2018 Bowl Chair
- 04.05.18 Alamodome Shines During Final Four
- 12.22.17 Denny’s Grand Slam Giveaway
- 12.22.17 Denny’s Grand Slam Giveaway
- 12.19.17 Valero Alamo Bowl Game Day Timeline
- 12.19.17 Ride Share
- 12.19.17 Downtown Parking
- 12.19.17 Taxi Service
- 12.19.17 Alamodome Parking
- 12.19.17 VIA Park & Ride
- 12.14.17 Denny’s $25,000 Grand Slam Giveaway!
- 12.08.17 25 for $25
- 12.06.17 Alamodome Transformation
- 11.20.17 The Leader of the Band – Al Sturchio
- 11.07.17 Don’t Wait, Buy Today!
- 11.06.17 Meet our Balloon Guy, Patrick McFall
- 10.02.17 4-2-1 Ticket Special
- 09.18.17 Calling All Groups!
- 09.05.17 Week One in the Books
- 08.31.17 Meet the Intern: Kerry Colby
- 08.22.17 PrimeSport Chairman’s Club
- 08.08.17 The Rudy’s Family Fun Pack Is Back!
- 08.07.17 Meet the Intern: Gabrielle Hawkins
- 07.24.17 Meet the Intern: Chevy Cawlfield
- 07.24.17 Are you hungry?
- 07.24.17 One Month Away From College Football
- 06.16.17 Fly With Us To See Texas at USC
- 04.13.17 San Antonio Hosts 2017 FBA Meetings
- 02.06.17 Let’s Celebrate
- 02.06.17 Big Events. Big Impact.
- 12.23.16 Upper Level Hot Spots
- 12.22.16 Valero Alamo Bowl Game Day Timeline
- 12.22.16 Club Level Hot Spots
- 12.22.16 Lower Level Hot Spots
- 12.16.16 Help Us Fill The Bowl
- 12.05.16 The Rudy’s Family Pack Is Back
- 12.05.16 We Have a Winner!
- 12.05.16 Get Your Swag On
- 11.18.16 Tickets for Troops & Kids Matter
- 10.28.16 Getting to the Shamrock Series
- 10.28.16 Shamrock Series Weekend Timeline
- 10.28.16 Shamrock Series Gameday Timeline
- 10.17.16 Tailgate for Free at The Alamodome
- 10.13.16 Remember the Comeback
- 10.04.16 Win Big With “Pick the Teams”
- 10.03.16 Win Valero Alamo Bowl Tickets
- 10.03.16 Take a Shot at $1 Million Dollars
- 09.20.16 Catch a Case of Friday Night Fever!
- 09.19.16 Meet the Intern: Brianne Wigley
- 09.06.16 Gridiron Giveaway is Back!
- 09.06.16 Meet the Intern: Will Hoven
- 09.06.16 Notre Dame Returns To San Antonio
- 08.22.16 Meet the Intern: Sara McCarty
- 08.22.16 Don’t Miss The Unforgettable Action
- 08.22.16 Bowl Surprises Scholarship Winners
- 08.09.16 Countdown to College Football
- 08.08.16 Meet the Intern: Ray Silva
- 04.25.16 Jefferson Takes Helm as Chairman
- 01.11.16 Thank You From The Valero Alamo Bowl
- 01.03.16 #15 Oregon vs. #11 TCU – Quick Wrap
- 12.27.15 Team Arrivals
- 12.21.15 Upper Level Hotspots
- 12.20.15 Tickets As Low as 50 Cents a Point*
- 12.18.15 Club Level Hotspots
- 12.14.15 #15 Oregon vs. #11 TCU Match-Up
- 12.12.15 The San Antonio Experience
- 12.09.15 Fight Hunger, Score Free Tickets
- 12.07.15 Experience the Valero Alamo Bowl
- 11.30.15 Media Projections – Week #14
- 11.23.15 A Week of Bowl Festivities
- 11.20.15 Tailgate Style Turkey Day
- 11.03.15 The Suite Life
- 10.19.15 Who Wants To Be a Millionaire?
- 10.15.15 Pick The Teams Contest
- 10.05.15 PINKTOBER Ticket Package
- 10.02.15 Take a Swing at $1 Million
- 09.21.15 Buy 3 Get 1 Free Family Deal
- 09.21.15 Friday Night Fever
- 09.21.15 “Oh Whata Night!” – SA Goes Orange
- 09.21.15 Media Bowl Projections- Week 3
- 09.04.15 Meet the Intern: Josh Lightner
- 09.04.15 Hyundai College Football Pickoff
- 08.21.15 Meet the Intern: Adam Rauch
- 08.21.15 Valero Alamo Bowl Gridiron Giveaway
- 08.07.15 Meet The Intern: Alyssa Bailey
- 07.27.15 MEET THE INTERN: CHASE GRIFFIN
- 06.03.15 Summer Mixer
- 12.23.14 The Premium Seats
- 12.22.14 Plaza Level Hotspots
- 12.22.14 Upper Level Highlights
- 12.22.14 Gameday Timeline
- 12.22.14 H-E-B Tailgater of the Game
- 12.20.14 The Perfect Gift!
- 12.20.14 Tis the Season for Giving!
- 12.15.14 What They’re Saying
- 12.15.14 Gear Up and Win!
- 12.08.14 Experience Bowl Week
- 12.07.14 #11 Kansas State vs. #14 UCLA
- 12.01.14 An Olympic Sized Help
- 12.01.14 Gridiron All Stars to Shine
- 12.01.14 Loud and Proud Student Sections
- 11.24.14 Treats to be Thankful for
- 11.23.14 The Suite Life
- 11.17.14 Early Renewal Pays Off!
- 11.17.14 Return of the Final Four
- 11.17.14 Will History Repeat Itself?
- 11.10.14 Don’t miss your chance to win!
- 11.10.14 Beat Next Week’s Price Increase
- 11.10.14 Experience the Valero Alamo Bowl
- 11.03.14 Rudy’s Pack Is Back!
- 11.03.14 Bowl Projections: Week 10
- 10.30.14 Bowl Week Intinerary
- 10.27.14 Connect With Us
- 10.25.14 Downtown Partners
- 10.25.14 Transform Your Tailgate for Fall
- 10.13.14 Looking for a Fall Ride?
- 09.29.14 Top of the Line Tailgating
- 09.29.14 Bowl Projections
- 09.15.14 Sponsor Spotlight
- 09.10.14 Bowl Projections
- 09.02.14 Meet the Intern: Kelly Humphrey
- 08.04.14 Local Coach Goes Hollywood
- 12.23.13 Bowl Records Another Capacity Crowd
- 06.07.13 Bowl Improves Selection Rights
- 05.17.13 Pat Frost Returns as Bowl Chairman
- 02.04.13 Valero Alamo Bowl Highlights
- 11.21.12 Tailgating 101
- 12.29.01 SBC Southwestern Bell Alamo Fan Zone
- 03.25.99 SYLVANIA, Alamo Bowl Join Forces