The countdown is on as we are only 10 short weeks away from the Valero Alamo Bowl! Along with all the excitement that surrounds our bowl game, we love to see the local downtown businesses thrive during Bowl Week. The people of San Antonio have been active and enthusiastic in creating this city into one of the best, and we love that we are able to show it off to our fans.
Since the bowl’s inception in 1993, the Valero Alamo Bowl has generated a direct economic impact in excess of $411 million to the city of San Antonio and annually prompts spending of approximately $23 million to what used to be the slowest week of tourism of the year.
On our website we feature our Downtown Partners, a collection of downtown businesses that work in concert with the Valero Alamo Bowl to enhance the Bowl Week experience for our fans. These businesses include a few must see area attractions, fun nightlife hotspots, quirky hangouts and, of course, the best Tex-Mex food in the world. San Antonio’s downtown is one of the most vibrant in the country and businesses like our Downtown Partners are a big reason why.
There are countless benefits to being a Downtown Partner with the Valero Alamo Bowl. We provide partners with collateral items that will make your business more welcoming and friendly to out-of-town guests. During bowl week the Valero Alamo Bowl street team hosts a “Find the Swag” contest and all businesses that participate will be featured in our social media posts.
If you would like to have your downtown establishment become a Downtown Partner with the Valero Alamo Bowl, contact Lara Smedley.
- 06.16.17 Fly With Us To See Texas at USC
- 04.13.17 San Antonio Hosts 2017 FBA Meetings
- 02.06.17 Let’s Celebrate
- 02.06.17 Big Events. Big Impact.
- 12.23.16 Upper Level Hot Spots
- 12.22.16 Valero Alamo Bowl Game Day Timeline
- 12.22.16 Club Level Hot Spots
- 12.22.16 Lower Level Hot Spots
- 12.16.16 Help Us Fill The Bowl
- 12.05.16 The Rudy’s Family Pack Is Back
- 12.05.16 We Have a Winner!
- 12.05.16 Get Your Swag On
- 11.18.16 Tickets for Troops & Kids Matter
- 10.28.16 Getting to the Shamrock Series
- 10.28.16 Shamrock Series Weekend Timeline
- 10.28.16 Shamrock Series Gameday Timeline
- 10.17.16 Tailgate for Free at The Alamodome
- 10.13.16 Remember the Comeback
- 10.04.16 Win Big With “Pick the Teams”
- 10.03.16 Win Valero Alamo Bowl Tickets
- 10.03.16 Take a Shot at $1 Million Dollars
- 09.20.16 Catch a Case of Friday Night Fever!
- 09.19.16 Meet the Intern: Brianne Wigley
- 09.06.16 Gridiron Giveaway is Back!
- 09.06.16 Meet the Intern: Will Hoven
- 09.06.16 Notre Dame Returns To San Antonio
- 08.22.16 Meet the Intern: Sara McCarty
- 08.22.16 Don’t Miss The Unforgettable Action
- 08.22.16 Bowl Surprises Scholarship Winners
- 08.09.16 Countdown to College Football
- 08.08.16 Meet the Intern: Ray Silva
- 04.25.16 Jefferson Takes Helm as Chairman
- 01.11.16 Thank You From The Valero Alamo Bowl
- 01.03.16 #15 Oregon vs. #11 TCU – Quick Wrap
- 12.27.15 Team Arrivals
- 12.21.15 Upper Level Hotspots
- 12.20.15 Tickets As Low as 50 Cents a Point*
- 12.18.15 Club Level Hotspots
- 12.14.15 #15 Oregon vs. #11 TCU Match-Up
- 12.12.15 The San Antonio Experience
- 12.09.15 Fight Hunger, Score Free Tickets
- 12.07.15 Experience the Valero Alamo Bowl
- 11.30.15 Media Projections – Week #14
- 11.23.15 A Week of Bowl Festivities
- 11.20.15 Tailgate Style Turkey Day
- 11.03.15 The Suite Life
- 10.19.15 Who Wants To Be a Millionaire?
- 10.15.15 Pick The Teams Contest
- 10.05.15 PINKTOBER Ticket Package
- 10.02.15 Take a Swing at $1 Million
- 09.21.15 Buy 3 Get 1 Free Family Deal
- 09.21.15 Friday Night Fever
- 09.21.15 “Oh Whata Night!” – SA Goes Orange
- 09.21.15 Media Bowl Projections- Week 3
- 09.04.15 Meet the Intern: Josh Lightner
- 09.04.15 Hyundai College Football Pickoff
- 08.21.15 Meet the Intern: Adam Rauch
- 08.21.15 Valero Alamo Bowl Gridiron Giveaway
- 08.07.15 Meet The Intern: Alyssa Bailey
- 07.27.15 MEET THE INTERN: CHASE GRIFFIN
- 06.03.15 Summer Mixer
- 12.23.14 The Premium Seats
- 12.22.14 Plaza Level Hotspots
- 12.22.14 Upper Level Highlights
- 12.22.14 Gameday Timeline
- 12.22.14 H-E-B Tailgater of the Game
- 12.20.14 The Perfect Gift!
- 12.20.14 Tis the Season for Giving!
- 12.15.14 What They’re Saying
- 12.15.14 Gear Up and Win!
- 12.08.14 Experience Bowl Week
- 12.07.14 #11 Kansas State vs. #14 UCLA
- 12.01.14 An Olympic Sized Help
- 12.01.14 Gridiron All Stars to Shine
- 12.01.14 Loud and Proud Student Sections
- 11.24.14 Treats to be Thankful for
- 11.23.14 The Suite Life
- 11.17.14 Early Renewal Pays Off!
- 11.17.14 Return of the Final Four
- 11.17.14 Will History Repeat Itself?
- 11.10.14 Don’t miss your chance to win!
- 11.10.14 Beat Next Week’s Price Increase
- 11.10.14 Experience the Valero Alamo Bowl
- 11.03.14 Rudy’s Pack Is Back!
- 11.03.14 Bowl Projections: Week 10
- 10.30.14 Bowl Week Intinerary
- 10.27.14 Connect With Us
- 10.25.14 Downtown Partners
- 10.25.14 Transform Your Tailgate for Fall
- 10.13.14 Looking for a Fall Ride?
- 09.29.14 Top of the Line Tailgating
- 09.29.14 Bowl Projections
- 09.29.14 Secure Your Game Day Parking Pass
- 09.15.14 Sponsor Spotlight
- 09.10.14 Bowl Projections
- 09.02.14 Meet the Intern: Kelly Humphrey
- 08.04.14 Local Coach Goes Hollywood
- 12.23.13 Bowl Records Another Capacity Crowd
- 06.07.13 Bowl Improves Selection Rights
- 05.17.13 Pat Frost Returns as Bowl Chairman
- 02.04.13 Valero Alamo Bowl Highlights
- 11.21.12 Tailgating 101
- 12.29.01 SBC Southwestern Bell Alamo Fan Zone
- 03.25.99 SYLVANIA, Alamo Bowl Join Forces