The 2020 Valero Alamo Bowl will follow the successful safety plan the Alamodome implemented for UTSA’s six home football games based on a 11,000 person maximum capacity in the 65,000 seat, 1.6 million square foot facility.
In addition to enhanced cleaning and sanitization procedures, the relevant protocols for our game include:
- Contactless Ticket Scanners: Load your digital ticket to your phone prior to arriving at the Alamodome and enter at gate noted on the ticket.
- Face Coverings: Your nose and mouth must be covered at all times with a mask or gaiter at the Alamodome except when you are actively eating or drinking.
- Entry Rules: Employees or guests confirmed to have a temperature over 99.6°F and exhibit any signs of COVID-19 will not be allowed entry. If you or a family member is sick or has underlying conditions, please stay home and watch the game on ESPN. The Dome’s clear bag policy is in effect.
- Physical Distancing: Stand at least six feet away from other groups of people not traveling with your group while standing in lines. Avoid the use of elevators if you are physically able to use the stairs.
- Seating: Every other row will be closed. Various-sized seating blocks will be available throughout the Alamodome and with four seats with seat shields disabling their use separating most ticket groups to the right and left. That will allow everyone to maintain a six foot distance between groups.
Additionally all seats in the Alamodome are chair-backed and the empty rows and seats marked for social distanced will be blocked off from use.
- Mobile Ordering: To avoid lines for concessions, scan the QR codes in the concourses and placed on the back of seats throughout the lower level.
- Parking: VIA Park N Ride will no be operating for this year’s game. With the reduced capacity, the Alamodome lots are expected to be have ample space even on game day. To order a digital parking pass in advance, click here. Fans can also utilize the dozen surface lots located a couple blocks north of the Alamodome that each charge a varying game day rate averaging around $20.
Since the situation remains fluid and continues to evolve, this plan is subject to change based on emerging health developments.
While we are excited to host another unforgettable matchup, fans comfortable attending will be required to be diligent with the above safety protocols. Please mask up and keep an appropriate social distance.
Click here to view a WOAI-TV story on the Bowl Week safety preparations.