For our 2023 game, Valero joined the CFP Foundation and ESPN to debut a “Touchdown for Teachers” program where a $1,000 grant and $250 Valero gift card was awarded to a different deserving teacher for every touchdown scored.
Thanks to the explosive offenses from Arizona and Oklahoma the following eight teachers were recognized and awarded their grants and gift cards at the game:
- Raeneisha Toliver, Lackland Elementary
- Eva Sinha, Colonies North Elementary
- Joshua Anderson, Madison High School
- Paul Fritz, Roosevelt High School
- Rebecca Lakes Juarez, Huebner Elementary
- Shalyn Torres, STEM Academy @ L.E.E. High School
- Joel Mink, Krueger Middle School
- Elisa Olivarri, Highland Forest Elementary School
This season the Bowl also received support from Accenture Federal Services to fund classroom projects from 12 teachers in the San Antonio Independent School District meaning 60 different teachers received well-deserved awards in 2023.
To help us grow our teacher recognition and community outreach programs, please reach out to the Valero Alamo Bowl office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.