In advance of the first UTSA home football game, the Alamodome unveiled a comprehensive safety plan for fans.
The plan limits the Alamodome’s seating capacity to 17% allowing for a maximum attendance of 11,000 fans and includes the following updates:
• Face coverings are required to be worn properly (covering the nose and mouth) by all fans present at the Alamodome, except when eating or drinking in their seat. Following State of Texas guidelines, exemptions apply for young children and persons who are unable to adjust or remove face coverings.
• Guests are subject to a temperature test prior to entry. Anyone displaying a temperature over 99.6°F will be taken to a secondary private area for a secondary, temporal temperature screening. Guests confirmed to have a temperature over 99.6°F and exhibiting any signs of COVID-19 will not be allowed entry to the property and will be directed toward appropriate medical care and given written refund instructions.
• The Alamodome has implemented updated protocols for all concessions areas. Patrons will have access to online ordering for food and drink as well as cashless operations. Additional safety measures, including plexiglass shields and express pick-up stations have been installed. Condiments and individually-wrapped utensils will be provided upon request.
• Enhanced cleaning and sanitization procedures will be implemented prior to and during all Alamodome events.
• A new contactless parking management system will be in place in all Alamodome parking lots. No tailgating will be permitted in any Alamodome lots or property.
• An updated entrance and exit plan will be implemented to maximize physical distancing for fans arriving and departing the Alamodome property. This plan will require guests to enter assigned gates based upon seat location.
• All guests will be advised to practice physical distancing, including standing at least six feet away from other groups of people not traveling with them while standing in lines in addition to avoiding the use of elevators if possible.
• Numerous contactless hand-sanitization and hand-washing stations have been installed throughout all public areas.
To see these safety precautions in action at UTSA’s home opening victory, please review this San Antonio Report article. They were able to catch the Roadrunners’ first home game of the season in person.
This plan is subject to change based on emerging information as well as local and state health developments. To receive the latest updates, please signup for the Valero Alamo Bowl newsletter.