Throughout this unprecedented college football season, the Valero Alamo Bowl has been able to do something we have never done before with our weekly “Tag a Teacher” raffle contest benefiting San Antonio area educators. Thanks to our partners at CFP Extra Yard, we have been able to give away $1,400 in DonorsChoose gift cards to teachers at seven different schools in our community.
We are so thrilled to be able to help local teachers as they do their best to educate the next generation in the midst of a pandemic. 2020 has created unique and difficult challenges for all of us, but our educators especially have been hit hard by the many curveballs thrown at them. Adding virtual learning and safety protocols on top of the already strenuous schedule of our teachers just means that they need our help now more than ever.
Luckily, we still have a lot of gift cards to give away! If you know any one of the amazing teachers in San Antonio, check our Twitter account (@valeroalamobowl) on Tuesdays to nominate them to win one of our remaining gift cards. We will be running the contest weekly until the middle of December leading up to our game.
And we were reminded that it really is a small world after all when our week 4 winner, Mary Srulowitz from Stevens High School, informed us that she had actually performed at the 2010 Valero Alamo Bowl as a baton twirler for the Arizona Wildcats!
- Week 1: Debora Valdez – Gillette Elementary School
- Week 2: Annie Light – Indian Creek Elementary School
- Week 3: Carl Dickerson – Sky Harbour Elementary School
- Week 4: Mary Srulowitz – Stevens High School
- Week 5: Nate Bueno – Northside Independent School District
- Week 6: Aislinn Wake – Clemens High School
- Week 7: Yvonne Cervera – Davis Middle School
- Week 8: Contest open!